Smoothies are super trendy right now. But that`s not the reason why I wanted to write a post about how you can make a perfect one 🙂 .I have to admit that they look very nice especially for taking pictures but there is so much more to them. But it`s a great start to making them, right? 🙂
So here are the few rules that you should stick to when you are making a nice healthy smoothis.They should all have protein, fibre, greens, fructose, fat, liquid and superfoods.
- For the protein you can use hemp seeds, plant based protein powder, almonds or other nut butters.
- For the fibre you can use vegetables ( I like to use greens such as kale, baby spinach ), fruits, seeds ( I use mostly flax seed ) ,
- Greens are basically anything that it`s green 🙂 kale, spinach, celery, parsley… this is something that mostly people doesn`t like to put in the soothies so I leave that to your taste. I prefer spinach because it doesn`t have strong taste and it doesn`t change the taste of the smoothie.
- Fructose you can get from the fruit (that is so obvious 🙂 ) or you can use a natural sweetener like dates.
- When I said fat I thought healthy fats 🙂 ! So healthy fats are found in avocado, chia seeds, almonds or other nuts, nut butters and coconut oil.
- For the liquids you can use almond or any milk, water, coconut water.
- For the superfoods you can use maca powder ,goji berries, hemp protein, spirulina, wheatgrass powder, cacao powder, acai powder , cocao nibs ,camu powder… they are so many
I will share with you my favourite healthy chocolate milk shake.
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings
2 frozen bananas
2 cups of almond milk
2 tbsp. of almond butter
2 mejool dates
1 tbsp. of cacao powder
1 tbsp. of maca powder
1 tea spoon of cinnamon
Blend everything till you don`t get smooth consistency!
Let me know in the comments if you liked it and if you make it tag me on Instagram.