I am sure that lots of you have already heard for superfood. In this post I would like to talk about Maca. I will not talk as someone who knows benefits about Maca from siancetistic perspective, I will talk about my experience and how I use it. I will put my little research about Maca in this post.
First I would like to explain the word “superfood”. I did a little research on Google and I found the definition. Superfood is basically food that is much richer in vitamins, minerals, nutrient, but also much poorer in calories than any other usual foods. They nourish your body on a very deep level. There are so many and I am planning to write, especially about the ones that I use and to tell you how they have impact on my well-being.
Maca is a root that comes from Peru. You will mainly find it as powder because it doesn’t grow in all climates.
Benefits of Maca
- Maca is amazing for balancing hormones and mainly that was the reason why she coats my eye at the first place (relief of PMS symptoms). I don`t know how it will work if you have a bigger problems with hormones, but to relief PMS symtoms and to balances mood, it does work.
- It provides your body with over 20 different fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B12, B1, B2 vitamin C as well as many other vitamins and minerals.
- Improve Skin + Hair. I can see and feel the difference in my hair! It looks more healthier and has more body and it`s growing faster! For skin I haven`t seen much improvements because I have very healthy tan and clean skin, but I read that it can help with acnes and blemishes.
- Boost energy with NO CRASH + Encourages muscles growth. I like to have smoothie with Maca before I hit the gym because it gives great energy and keeps me full but not heavy.
- Improves sleep. I sleep so much better, but I can`t tell you is it because of Maca or because I have changed my diet and lifestyle. I don`t take her on daily bases so that`s way I can`t be sure.
- Within days of using Maca your energy level may increase. I have noticed my increased in mental energy and focus. I just feel more energetic!
I like to use Maca in smoothies and food. Just don`t add it to anything that`s very hot because it will lose all the benefits.
Like any other supplements it shouldn`t be taken in large amounts. I recommend when you first start using maca, it`s best to begin by taking smaller amounts and building up. Half teaspoon is a good place to start. You will need time to get use to a taste. 1 tablespoon of powder is daily dose. I rotate a few days on and a few days off and how it works for me.
So this is how maca affecting on my well-being. I would really like to know your experiences with maca. Let me know in the comments!