It has been almost 3 months since our trip to Mallorca, and I`m still thinking about this beautiful Island in Spain. I wanted to do blog post earlier but I haven`t managed to take enough pictures with camera (I was too busy enjoying 🙂 ) , but anyways I have enough on my phone and this beautiful and diverse island deserves a blog post. Even though Mallorca is a relatively small island, there is so much to do. Scroll down for my recommendations and impressions.
Things to do, see and eat
- Base yourself in close to Palma – We stayed in the hotel Gran Meli de Mar. I can`t recommend this hotel enough! It has perfect hotel beach, the food is amazing, the stuff is super polite, the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are stunning (definitely take the one with the sea view) and it`s close to Palma.
- Rent a car – I believe the best way to see Palma is by car. By my opinion it is very hard to roam from one end of the island to another if you don`t have car. Also my advice is to rent the smallest car because it can fit everywhere.
Cala Formentor Beach
Platja de Muro
- Portals Nous is very nice beach and It’s really close to Palma, it`s 10 minutes drive from our hotel. It’s small and very crowded in July, we waited for sunbeds for 30 minutes. The water is super clear and sand is golden. We also liked beach bar, the food was very tasty.
- Es Trenc Beach is perfect if you like a wide and long beach. The sand is white and the water is usually very clear and beautiful. Since this beach is massive, you won`t have problem with renting sunbeds. Considering the food, there is one beach restaurant, the food is ok, but too many unhealthy options 🙁 .
- Cala Formentor Beach was our favorite beach. I truly believe it’s one of the most beautiful beaches in Mallorca. It has a stunning backdrop of pine forest and breathtaking views of the mountains. It’s definitely a must visit if you are in Mallorca. You have a couple of restaurants and the food is ok, nothing too special. To rent a sunbed it`s very hard since it is always crowded. I recommend you to come very early in the morning or you will need to pay double in the afternoon. Or you can sit on the beach without paying anything. That`s what I like about Mallorca you have options. You can choose, some countries doesn`t give you that option.
Cala Formentor Beach
- Platja de Muro is prefect wide and long beach. Sadly we came to this beach a day before leaving Mallorca. And the waves were that big that we couldn`t even try to get in the water. The best paella we had in Mallorca was on this beach, but I will tell you more about the restaurant in the other section. Avoid this beach during the weekend, if you don`t like too many people.
To be honest I haven`t been to any restaurant except these 2 that I liked food enough to write about it. I know thathe food is matter of taste, so I will not say that it`s not good, I just didn`t left with the impression.
- Flor De Sal (d’Estrenc) it’s a cool little shop/cafe where you can buy freshly harvested world famous Mallorcan salt – Flor De Sal, as well as local almond ice cream (the best in world) you can try other flavors, but I recommend you this one. Upon arrival you will see an enormous salt mountain and the field where the salt is harvested. Check the closing hours, because maybe you are like me and you like to stay on the beach till 20h30 and then you won`t be able to eat this delicious ice cream.
- Can Gavella (Plataja de Muro) Beach restaurant with the best paella in Mallorca! We were blown away by how charming setting is of this beautiful place. The food and service were great.
Can Gavella restaurant
- Mirador Es Colomer is a spectacular place, you can visit it when you coming back from Formentor beach. It’s got incredible views of the cliffs and never ending sea.
Mirador es Colomer